Re: (dsssl) DSSSL Documentation Project - up for adoption

Subject: Re: (dsssl) DSSSL Documentation Project - up for adoption
From: Tony Graham <Tony.Graham@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 23:27:58 +0000
Mark Wroth wrote at 25 Jan 2002 06:21:55 -0800:
 > If anyone is actively contributing, as it appears Brandon himself is
 > considering, having it on SourceForge is probably a good idea.

The crux of the matter is that no-one has contributed for nearly four
years and, as Tommie said, the only reason to move the stuff is if
anyone wants to add to it.

The project page has solicited input for more than four years, but
obviously it hasn't had any.

I suggest that for the DSSSL Documentation Project to return to life,
it would take more than just Brandon.

 > Having an active host under the name dssl.org would probably be even better
 > -- but that's a lot more work for someone -- so SourceForge looks attractive.

dsssldoc.org is available, and SourceForge can be set as a "virtual
host" for a domain name.  Heck, I'd spring for the cost of the domain
name if that was all that it would take to revive the DSSSL
Documentation Project, but neither a new location nor a dedicated
domain name are going to make a difference.  What's needed are people
contributing to the project.

(And, no, I can't commit to contributing to it any more.)

Regards,

Tony Graham