Re: (dsssl) Re: (dsssl) How to make a RTF styles-sheet with DSSSL?

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Re: (dsssl) How to make a RTF styles-sheet with DSSSL?
From: Dave Pawson <DaveP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 12:25:51 +0000
On a more general point, I've never heard anyone say that round tripping
Word documents through SGML or XML to be a viable proposition.

Too much is lost when you go into RTF.

If you could retain SGML(XML) markup until you are ready to go to print
it would be much easier.

Re the grouping mentioned previously, I know XSLT will do it
(even easier in XSLT 2 as implemented in saxon 7.0).

A recent announce of xsl-fo backend of RTF may be of help,
but that won't solve the rount trip of word-xml-word problem.

Have you looked at Upcast? word to xml markup? or are you using
already something similar?

Regards DaveP