RE: (dsssl) spontaneous page renumbering with pdfjadetex

Subject: RE: (dsssl) spontaneous page renumbering with pdfjadetex
From: Pieter Rijken <Pieter.Rijken@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:23:44 +0200
Hi,

> * Pieter Rijken [Tue, 02/04/2002 at 15:23 +0200]
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am generating documents using docbook and pdfjadetex to
> produce PDF.
> > As you can see from the output after 38 pages the pages are
> renumbered are
> > start at 1 again! From the output I notice that this
> consistently happens at
> > the second chapter.
> >
> > I have no idea what is going on. I'm not sure whether my DocBook
> > document is wrong although it looks ok and all references
> are unique.
> >
> > Has anyone encountered this before or has a clue of what's
> going on????
>
> Hi Pieter.
> Just a (probably wrong) wild guess: could it be an effect of
> page-number-restart?.
> This is actually an RTF extension, but some others
> (heading-level) work in TeX/PDF as well.
> Jany

I overwrote the definition of the DocBook procedure $component$. In this
procedure the property page-number-restart? is used. I check with explicitly
with the jade extension (debug ...) that this is true only for the first
chapter
and false for all remaining chapters.

Also using the rtf-backend as output the page numbering was as expected....

regards,
pieter