Re: (dsssl) Doubt

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Doubt
From: Jany Quintard <jany.quintard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 00:34:19 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Samantha Mozart wrote:

> Hi Jany.
> Using your idea, I wrote in my print style:
> (element para
>   (make simple-page-sequence
>     (process-children)))
> I wrote it only to test.
>
> Ok, This insert a blank page.
> But, inside the tag para,
> I need to have some caracter.
> If I write only <para></para> I don't have a new blank
>  page.
Try this
(element para
  (sosofo-append
    (make simple-page-sequence
      (empty-sosofo))
    (make simple-page-sequence
      (process-children)))))

> I can't understand "You have to know which rule decides
>  that you insert a blank page.".
Well. I mean, put it in words and then translate it in dsssl.
It may seem silly, but it is exactly that: On which elements do
you want a new page, then write the selection rules, then
see how you can have a new page. I am not sure that my solution
(make simple-page-sequence (empty-sosofo)) is really the best one.

>  And, you said you want to
>  receive more informations. What kind of informations do
>  you want to receive from me?
Actually, a (small) piece of your SGML code would help.

Cheers. Jany