Re: (dsssl) Null Caracter

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Null Caracter
From: Jose Waldemar <bohner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:36:56 -0300 (BRT)
Ok Brandon.
Thank you ! : )

I'm learning how to use DSSSL, and sometimes I have
stupid doubts. : )

You wrote:
"I can imagine a variety of reasons for wanting a tab character
in your DSSSL script, but I can't imagine a need for the null character,
unless you're somehow reading or writing non-SGML data..."

Yes, I'm thinking about SGML data. : )

For example:

(element para
(make paragraph
 (literal "X")
 (process-children)))

If I insert tag <para> , in my text will appear the X caracter in the
start of my paragraph, right?

If i want to insert a paragraph
and I don't want to use a definition "first-line-start-indent: 1cm",
for example.

If I want to use an code like U-0009 to ident my para, is it possible?
Is it wrong?
Where I insert the U-0009 code, and how?

Another doubt,

 If I want to insert an hidden caracter in my paragraph
for example. Do I use U-0000 code?
In my example, Do I substitute (literal "X") for ?(hidden)? (literal), or
I need to use the U-0000 code?

And now, why am I trying to insert an hidden caracter in my DSSSL
document?
Because, If I can do this:

(element para
(make paragraph
  (make simple-page-sequence
  (literal "X") ;; HERE I WANT TO INSERT AN HIDDEN CARACTER
      break-before: 'page)
      (process-children)))))

If I can do this,
I can insert blank pages in my DSSSL documents and I answer
the Jany's and Samanta's last discussion.

: )

Sorry my vocabulary, because I'm learning how to speak english too.

: )

[]'s
José