Re: (dsssl) Box around DocBook figure element

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Box around DocBook figure element
From: Alain NAKACHE <alain@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:32:15 +0200
At 18:02 18/06/02 +0100, you wrote:
Without thinking very hard at all ;-), does adding a "layer:" attribute
make any difference?

layer:0

or

layer:1

This alters the order in which things are "rendered" - should have some
effect for the tex backend.
Anyway, I've no idea whether this will work, but it shouldn't take too
long to try!

You're right, it doesn't take too long to try and to obtain the same result :-)

I wonder how some writers (ie Norman) for editor's like O'Reilly managed to print their book with this type of style. Did they have a special stylesheet different from version 1.76 of Norm's DocBook one ? Does they include the box in the image itself ?

Since yesterday, I've made some tests by redefining the $formal-object$ function I've found in the print/dbblock.dsl file.

It seems to work with a little problem with the space on top the image which is different from the bottom, but this solution doesn't made me happy because it is a little bit dirty.

Anyone have a better solution ?