RE: (dsssl) Including chunks of HTML code (newbie)

Subject: RE: (dsssl) Including chunks of HTML code (newbie)
From: Ian Castle <ian.castle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10 Jul 2002 20:55:02 +0100
On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 20:03, Antun Karlovac wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Daniel.
>
> However I'm still very stuck.
>
> Where does this code go? In the custom dsl file that lives in src/? Or in
> one of the other dsl files (dbhtml.dsl perhaps) that live in
> src/docbook-dsssl-1.76/html/? I presume that code snippet will have to
> replace some existing code?

It's always best to have your own "custom" file, rather than overtyping
the "masters"...

It can either be in the current directory - if your document is
file.sgml then openjade should look for a file called "file.dsl" by
default. You can also specify this exactly with the "-d" option. In the
longer term it is also possible to set up catalog entries so that things
can be found with out having to specify full pathnames.

But for now, just stick your own definitions in, if you like,
"custom.dsl" and do "openjade -d custom.dsl ...."

> Also, I've been looking at the dbhtml.dsl file (above) and found the bit
> that generates the HTML, HEAD and inclusive tags.
>
> I've been trying to tweak this, but I can't seem to escape < >'s. I've tried
> \<, \\< and &lt;, but neither of these work. Does anyone know how to escape
> pointed brackets?

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. dbhtml.dsl makes extensive use of
jade's very own transformation facilities - "make element" is used to
create an SGML/XML element with all the necessary angle brackets... so
you shouldn't need to introduce any literal angle brackets.... But, as I
said, I'm not sure what you really mean here - so I could be missing the
point completely ;-).

http://openjade.sourceforge.net/jadedoc/transform.htm

> Take care,
>
> Antun