(dsssl) rules in header -- spacing

Subject: (dsssl) rules in header -- spacing
From: Curtis Michael Brune <curt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:08:42 -0700
Hello,

I have a question regarding the spacing of a horizontal "rule" in
headers.  I am using the tex backend to create PDF files.

I am using the following in my stylesheet to create a header with the
text "My Message" with a rule drawn underneath.

(define (page-center-header gi)
  (make sequence
    (literal "My Message")
    (make rule
      orientation: 'escapement
      length: %text-width%
      line-thickness: 0.1pt
   )))

This works OK, but the gap between the baseline of the text and the rule
is to big -- I would like the rule to appear closer to the text.

In exaggerated ASCII art this is what I get:

                   My Message

What I would like is the rule to be closer to the text, like this:

                   My Message

Are there any parameters I can give either to the (make sequence) or
the (make rule) that will decrease the space between the line of text
and the rule?

Cheers,
Curt

--