Re: (dsssl) OpenJade Segmentation Fault

Subject: Re: (dsssl) OpenJade Segmentation Fault
From: "Markus Hoenicka" <hoenicka_markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 01:20:51 +0200
Javier Jimenez writes:
 > Easier option first ... to get the new version of openjade.
 > However it seems that the initial problem has not been solved yet (see
 > http://www.biglist.com/lists/dssslist/archives/200207/msg00022.html): the
 > error messages remains identical.

In this case you seem to be out of luck. If the crash is specific to
the Cygwin port, debugging would have to be done on this platform
(which I currently don't have). FWIW I tested the document that you
mentioned on my FreeBSD box:

markus@~/workspace/jadetest# openjade -v
openjade:I: OpenJade version "1.3.1"
openjade:I: OpenSP version "1.3.4"

DocBook stylesheets V. 1.73

I got a nice RTF from the source file without any error messages
except those complaining about the missing image files.

 > Here the first 'make' command gives me an error message !
 > I repeated all the process with
 > # make &> make.javi.log
 > and i'm sending you this log file attached.

You'd have to ask the Cygwin folks about this error at
www.cygwin.com. According to the log your system tries to create an
import library from cygintl.dll. It is above my head why Cygwin does
not install the import lib by default, but in any case this error does
not have anything to do with OpenJade (except that the latterg depends
on libintl). The DLL stuff has never been the most reliable part of
Cygwin, but it is constantly being developed and might just have been
broken coincidentally when you last updated your Cygwin installation.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka <hoenicka_markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>