Re: (dsssl) OpenJade Segmentation Fault

Subject: Re: (dsssl) OpenJade Segmentation Fault
From: Javier Jimenez <javier.jimenez@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 01:38:34 +0200
I am grateful for your help.

> > I don't know how to check if my openjade is really version 1.3.1-2:
> > # openjade -v
> > openjade:I: OpenJade version "1.3"
> > openjade:I: OpenSP version "1.3.4"
> > [C-c]
> > #

> Oops, I missed this info. This looks like an older version indeed. You
> should make sure to pick the correct binary by using the full path,
> e.g. /usr/local/bin/openjade. You might have an older version in your
> path that gets called first if you just use the program name.

When i use 'http://www.toomanysecrets.net/~foster/cygwin/'
as an extra mirror site to download 'openjade' and related packages
the setup puts openjade executables at '/usr/bin', that is, my
'c:/Programas/cygwin/usr/bin' folder. But the cygwin mount system hides
this folder (i don't know why, though it would be a good question to ask):

~# ./mount
c:\Programas\cygwin\home on /home type system (binmode)
C:\Programas\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
C:\Programas\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
C:\Programas\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type system (binmode,noumount)
k: on /cygdrive/k type system (binmode,noumount)

That's why i was actually running the older version (at '/usr/local/bin') and
not the recently installed one. The solution is just to move (from W2K) all
the files under 'c:/Programas/cygwin/usr/bin' to 'c:/Programas/cygwin/bin'.
So i get

~# openjade -v
openjade:I: OpenJade version "1.3.1"
openjade:I: OpenSP version "1.3.4"

> I got a nice RTF from the source file without any error messages
> except those complaining about the missing image files.

I have installed cygwin from the outset (basic packages from any mirror of
the list, openjade ones from toomanysecrets) and - making the previous
adjustment - the test instruction would be

~# cd ~/sgml/dbguide/
openjade -trtf -d/usr/share/sgml/docbook-dsssl/print/docbook.dsl \
/usr/share/sgml/docbook-3.1/docbook.dcl fulltext.sgm

The program still crashes.