Re: (dsssl) Question on how to control spell check flag in RTFusing DSSSL and OpenJade

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Question on how to control spell check flag in RTFusing DSSSL and OpenJade
From: Ron Ross <ronross@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 18:00:47 -0500
Ian Castle <ian.castle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I've loaded an RTF produced by openjade in MS Word 97... and I can spell
> check it OK.
>
> I don't think there is anything in RTF which says anything about
> spelling checking... so it must be something indirect..

I remember experiencing the same problem when loading jade's RTF in
WordPerfect. I had (still have, but don't use WP much anymore) a
"clean-jade" macro that reenabled language tools, fiddled with
hyphenation, and deleted headers and footers (which are only interpreted
as intended in MS Word).

I'm revamping language implementation in my own DTD and associated DSSSL
stylesheets and, apart from limitations in dsssl, find that similar
issues affect resulting interpretations in Word, OpenOffice, and
AbiWord.

[The dsssl limitation is that, whereas the document language can only be
(effectively) declared at the top of the script, you cannot at that
point read any info from document nodes (even root element) because the
grove tree is not yet available. Consequently, in order to set the
language according to an attribute in the SGML/XML instance and to
accommodate more than one language in the instance, I set the language
for each and every paragraph flow object. This is new and not
extensively tested, but so far OpenOffice seems to deal with it fine,
while AbiWord now totally ignores such language settings and simply uses
its default en_US. I've yet to test it in either WP or MSW.]

Ron

> On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 15:53, Brian Leary wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am creating a dynamic RTF using XML and DSSSL with OpenJade and for some reason when the RTF is finished the spell check feature is disabled for that RTF ? Is there a way in the DSSSL to turn this spell check flag on ? or is there some code in openjade that controls this feature ?
>>
>> I'm sorry to send you this question, but I was hoping you could post it for me seeing I have had lot's of difficulties in the past posting my messages.
>>
>> Thanks so much
>> Brian Leary

> --
> Ian Castle <ian.castle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>