(dsssl) Re: Data on left margin area?

Subject: (dsssl) Re: Data on left margin area?
From: Karl Eichwalder <keichwa@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:26:26 +0100
"Javier Farreres de la Morena" <spanish@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>I suspect that you can't do this with Simple-Page-Sequence.
>>>  l. marg.| main text
>>> +--------+-------------------------------------------+
>>> |        |                                           |
>>> |     v1 | |This is the first verse and it is very,  |
>>> |     v2 | very long.  |The second verse...          |
>>> |        |                                           |
>>> +--------+-------------------------------------------+
>
> It needs syncronization of flow objects, a feature which I think is only
> permitted with page feature, which is not yet implemented in OpenJade.

Okay.  It would also be interesting to know, how it could work
theoretically -- but I can wait until the page feature becomes available.

> With a multicolumn can perhaps be done, but it depends on the mark-up. And
> it requieres a side-sync capability, which I can't remember if openjade
> supports. I think not.

I can rearrange the markup using Architectural Forms :)

The actual example goes like this (TEI DTD, PB denotes page breaks of
the original book):

    ...  text text text text text text text text text text text text
    text text text text text text text text text text text text text
    text text text text text text <pb n=2> text text text text text
    text text text text text text text text text text text text text
    text text text text text text text text text text text text text
    text text text text text text text text text text text ...

And the print output should look like this:

         ...  text text text text text text text text text text text text
         text text text text text text text text text text text text text
    p.2  text text text text text text |text text text text text text

--
ke@xxxxxxx (work) / keichwa@xxxxxxx (home):              |
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |      ,__o