Re: (dsssl) Properly numerated biblography references

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Properly numerated biblography references
From: "Pavel Tolkachev" <pavel.tolkachev@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:09:32 -0500
Thanks Brandon,

You saved a great deal of trial-and-error for me. I am a novice in DSSSL and even having both the standard and the source code in front of me, could spend hours to find the right piece to tweak.

Pavel

                      Brandon Ibach
                      <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           To:       dssslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                          cc:
                      owner-dssslist@xxxxxxxxxxx        Subject:  Re: (dsssl) Properly numerated biblography references
                      rrytech.com

                      01/23/2003 05:38 PM
                      Please respond to dssslist

   As long as you want to number all of the biblioentrys in the whole
document as one sequence (don't know why you wouldn't, but you never
know), you can just do:

        (number->string (element-number be))

where "be" is the biblioentry node.  (Should have covered this before,
but it's been a while since I've done any DSSSL stuff, so my memory is
a bit rusty, and I was too lazy to look it up before. ;)
   You may notice, in the code, that there is an option for whether
you want the stylesheet to look up the biblioentry that your citation
is referencing, to make sure it exists.  If you don't have it do that,
of course, you wouldn't be able to label the citation with the entry's
number.  So, you'll either need to set that option in your
customization layer (the default, false, is set in dbparam.dsl), or
just have your version of the citation element rule not do the check,
and just do the lookup all the time.

-Brandon :)