Re: (dsssl) SGML to XML

Subject: Re: (dsssl) SGML to XML
From: Jany Quintard <jany.quintard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:04:41 +0100
* Narinder Garg [Thu, 20/02/2003 at 02:53 -0800]
> Hi
> I am new to DSSSL. I wish to get SGML of some DTD to my XML. Currently I am using James utility
> sx.exe to get an equivalent XML and doing XSL transformation to my XML. Is there some way in DSSSL
> to get directly my xml. Jade can do it but I could not figure out as I dont know the DSSSL syntax.
> Any help will be appreciated

To output XML, use the xml backend (-t xml)
and some identity transformation

<!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN"

(default
  (if (node-property "must-omit-end-tag?" (current-node))
      (make empty-element attributes: (copy-attributes))
      (make element       attributes: (copy-attributes))))

You can find the copy-attribute fonction on the Openjade page

HiH. Jany