Re: (dsssl) SGML to XML

Subject: Re: (dsssl) SGML to XML
From: Narinder Garg <narinder_g@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:35:57 -0800 (PST)
Hi Didier,
Thanks for the clarification, these examples have made it more clear. I think I can do with these
limitations.
It is not that learning DSSSL is a Problem I would really like to master it. I just want to make
sure that by starting with DSSSL now I do not get stuck in latter stage. The way I am currently
doing using sx.exe, it is almost done. I was trying to get information on DSSSL, as using it my
conversion will then be a single step. Also i have not found a quick reference guide for DSSSL,
like we have for XSLT (chapter 17 of XML bible). The things that i have come to know from this
list I think I can start working on DSSSL. But I am not sure how I can access the parent,
ancestor, following-sibling, etc. Also I not sure how to process a tag like <f>string of
some more references or some sample DSSSL files. One more clarification what is the difference in
Jade and OpenJade. Is openjade more preferable than jade?

Thanks & Warm Regards,
Narinder