Re: (dsssl) Flurry of errors in onsgmls--can't read xml.dcl?

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Flurry of errors in onsgmls--can't read xml.dcl?
From: maurice chadwick york <mcyork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:01:06 -0600 (CST)
> Cite exactly what the first few errors are (possibly using the -E4
> switch).  I would guess it's not able to find xml.dcl.

onsgmls generates the following errors:

maurice% onsgmls -wxml -E4 sermon.xml
onsgmls:sermon.dtd:1:46:E: omitted tag minimization parameter can be
omitted only if "OMITTAG NO" is specified on the SGML declaration
onsgmls:sermon.dtd:2:35:E: omitted tag minimization parameter can be
omitted only if "OMITTAG NO" is specified on the SGML declaration
onsgmls:sermon.dtd:3:26:E: omitted tag minimization parameter can be
omitted only if "OMITTAG NO" is specified on the SGML declaration
onsgmls:sermon.dtd:4:28:E: omitted tag minimization parameter can be
omitted only if "OMITTAG NO" is specified on the SGML declaration

The error seems to specify the end of every line in the DTD that has an
element on it. For example, line one of the DTD is

<!ELEMENT sermon (source, title, author, text)>

I am using very simple DTDs for testing purposes, so there are no empty
elements--just straightforward ELEMENT and ATTLIST declarations. I have
the following environment parameters set in my .cshrc to try to get it to
find xml.dcl:

setenv SP_CHARSET_FIXED=YES
setenv SP_ENCODING=xml
setenv SGML_CATALOG_FILES=/sw/share/sgml/openjade-1.3.1/pubtext/xml.soc
setenv export SP_CHARSET_FIXED
setenv export SP_ENCODING
setenv export SGML_CATALOG_FILES

-Maurice