Re: (dsssl) character repertoire?

Subject: Re: (dsssl) character repertoire?
From: Tim McDaniel <tmcd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 22:56:39 -0600 (CST)
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Christopher R. Maden <crism@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> And at 18:28 1/4/03, Tim McDaniel wrote:
> >Thanks.  That indeed works.  I'm a bit surprised, because \ is a
> >little different in Jade/DSSSL compared to, say, C++: "\n" and "\
> >" and such don't work, for example.
>
> The \ is an escape character, as in C++.  However, the escape
> *sequences* vary; in C++, "\n" is the escape sequence for a newline;
> that sequence, in DSSSL, is an 'n'.

Well, no.  As I wrote, "\n" and "\
" don't work.  Specifically,
    jade:./loar.dsl:62:15:E: unknown character name "n"
and
    "ade:./loar.dsl:62:15:E: unknown character name "
respectively.  To get a lowercase "n", you need
    \latin-small-letter-n
    &#110;
or equivalent.

> I routinely enclose my entire stylesheet bodies in CDATA marked
> sections, unless for some reason I really *need* to use SGML general
> entities inside them.

Would you please show an example of the syntax?

--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd@xxxxxxxxx; work is tmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx