(dsssl) font properties and PIs

Subject: (dsssl) font properties and PIs
From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04 Apr 2003 08:45:12 -0800
Hi again, two questions (TeX backend of jade):

I would like to get the value that TeX calls "1em".  I suspect I have
to call font-property (12.5.7), but what are the parameters?  Where
are the relevant public IDs listed?

Second, (more of a pure curiosity question), how does one gain access
to processing instructions from DSSSL?  So far the only method I could
think of (and I didn't try it) is to call (children (current-node))
and walk the list.  Why so difficult?  I.e. why isn't there a rule form

(pi ...

like there is

(element ...

Cheers,

--
"This is the patent age of new inventions
For killing bodies, and for saving souls,