(dsssl) Two-sided / first page recto

Subject: (dsssl) Two-sided / first page recto
From: tmcd@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:20:18 -0400 (EDT)
I'm using Jade or OpenJade on Debian Linux.  (That is, I currently use
OpenJoade but I've used Jade in the past and I don't know any reason I
couldn't go back.)

I had a decent structure to generate several separate documents from
the same XML: a cover letter, the main body, a "special exceptions"
document.  Now I am told that US Postal Service NetPost Mailing Online
accepts only one file for a particular mailing, so I have to generate
them all in one document.  (I controlled it all via global Boolean
defines.  Replacing simple globals with modes will probably hurt ...
Gad, I want changeable global or dynamic variables so bad I can taste
it ...)

As far as I can tell from the on-line docs, the general page-sequence
model is supported in neither Jade nor OpenJade, so I have only
whatever simple-page-sequence provides.  Yes?

I can see the Jade/OpenJade extension
    page-number-restart?: #t
to make each what-used-to-be-its-own-document start its own page
number at 1 (if I import it as a characteristic extension).  True?

Since it's duplex printing, I want each used-to-be document to start
on an odd-numbered (right-hand, recto) page.  Is there any code to
force a simple-page-sequence to start on a recto page?  I found some
list messages that say you can't, but there was a thread in late
February 2001 with things like