Re: [dssslist] Conversion of dsssl stylesheets to xsl

Subject: Re: [dssslist] Conversion of dsssl stylesheets to xsl
From: Jany Quintard <jany.quintard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:09:52 +0200
* David.Pawson@xxxxxxxxxxx [Wed, 14/04/2004 at 11:49 +0100]
>     Does anyone know if there are tools to convert dsssl
>     specifications into xsl sheets ?
>
> Mmm. What do you know that can parse dsssl?
> sp?
I don't know, Dave. The fact is that XSL and DSSSL documents,
at least the ones I have seen or written (just a few!) have very
similar structures. So, if I am able to write down a set of rules to
transform one into another one, I should be able (with a good deal of
time, maybe) to write a translator ; and I hoped that some daring mind had tried it.

> Using the ideas that Rick put forward in
> http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/03/03/sgmlwiki.html ?
>
> Just a thought. There is certainly a good match in
> the property sets.
Agreed.

Thanks. Jany
Jany Quintard         | How do you know so much about swallows?
jany.quintard@xxxxxxx | Well, you have to know these things when you are