Re: [dssslist] Troubles building OpenJade 1.3.2 and CVS

Subject: Re: [dssslist] Troubles building OpenJade 1.3.2 and CVS
From: Jan Pawel Woronczak <jpawelw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:32:40 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Norman Gray wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm having bucketloads of trouble building OpenJade 1.3.2, and the CVS
> version -- can anyone provide any pointers?
>
> OpenJade 1.3.2 doesn't build from the distribution, as it appears to
> require a preexisting installation of OpenSP (did it always do that -- I
> remember jade being standalone?).  But if I get OpenSP 1.5, unpack it
> and configure it, I can't just point the openjade ./configure to its
> include directory, because that doesn't have opensp's config.h in it
> (any more -- I can see config.h.old.in, so it clearly was there once).
<...>
I've just a few minutes ago compiled and installed OpenJade 1.3.2
It was two-stage process:
1. configure, compile and install OpenSP
2. configure, compile and install OpenJade
Both got --prefix=/usr/local/openjade-1.3.2; after installing OpenSP I've
symlinked it's include/OpenSP directory to /usr/local/include/OpenSP
It worked.

> The reason I'm trying to build this is that I'd like to re-offer an
> openjade patch I first advertised in March 2000, which adds a LaTeX
> back-end (that is, producing generic LaTeX rather than JadeTeX output).
> It did work with openjade 1.3; I'd just like to check that it still
> works with 1.3.2.
This one I've found on the net (in the old version, for 1.3). Patching
1.3.2 resulted in two rejects (in config/configure.in and
style/jade_version.h) --- both because of changed version number --- the
patch expected version 1.3 from 1999 etc.). After this brutal treatment
1.3.2 compiled. (I've not tested it yet).

<...>

So, "a chance-meeting, as we say in Middle-Earth" :)

With regards

	Pawel Woronczak
        University Library
        Wroclaw, Poland