[dssslist] simple-page-sequence, first page dimensions vs. rest

Subject: [dssslist] simple-page-sequence, first page dimensions vs. rest
From: Rob Clark <rob@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:17:30 -0800
Hi,

I'm using a simple-page-sequence, and it seems that the text body
portion of the page (ie. not the headers/footers) is pushed down
slightly on every page but the first of the simple-page-sequence.  I
can't seem to figure out why, or how to control this.  It seems that if
you only have a header on pages other than the first, the header fits
neatly into the space created on subsequent pages by pushing the body
downward.  But if you are trying to create a stylesheet with a header
on each page, it looks just wrong.  I can post my stylesheet if you
think this is caused by something that I am doing.

If I change the simple-page-sequence to a page-sequence, it has the
same problem (but no header/footer), if that gives anyone an idea.

I've searched through the modular .dsl stylesheet source, and the
mailing list archives, but I've not been able to turn up anything.

FWIW, this is with the TeX backend... is this possibly a TeX problem?

-- Rob

---------------------- If it happens once, it's a bug. If it happens twice, it's a feature. If it happens more than twice, it's a design philosophy.