Re: [dssslist] macro and XPath features?

Subject: Re: [dssslist] macro and XPath features?
From: Javier Farreres <spanish@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:26:30 +0200
Hi Oleg

 I found that DSSSL is R4RS Scheme descendant, not R5RS. I don't remember
what is R4RS and if it had macro. In R5RS I can define, for example, new
syntactic construction "my-let" which works exactly like "let"

(my-let ((x 2)) (* x x)) ==> 4

"my-let" can't be defined as a procedure.

You can do this with DSSSL too. Define lets you define a procedure with the lambda construct or the reduced form.
I don't think it changes from R4 to R5.

That's very nice syntactic sugar. Instead of writing

(list 'a (list 'b c)) ; c is a variable

I can write

Yes, I know what quasiquote is. My question was, what were you asking for? Or you were just making a comment?
Now I know yoiu were just making an observation. But quasiquote is a basic thing in Scheme, and it is difficult to do anything without it. It is the core of the language.

Javi