RE: [dssslist] & as string

Subject: RE: [dssslist] & as string
From: "Maltby, David G" <david.g.maltby@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:27:43 -0400
See the archive on "ampersand"

<http://www.biglist.com/cgi-bin/wilma/wilma_glimpse/dssslist?query=amper
sand&Search=Search&errors=0&maxfiles=50&maxlines=10&.cgifields=lineonly&
.cgifields=filelist&.cgifields=case&.cgifields=partial&.cgifields=restri
cttofiles>

The first couple of hits seem to get to the heart of the issue.

You might even filter it to responses by "James Clark", however Tony
Graham seems to sum it up with this statement,
<quote>
The stylesheet is also a SGML document, and it is parsed before it is
interpreted as a stylesheet, which is why Jade wants to interpret the
entity reference.

One quick workaround is to use string-append to put together your
entity reference:

(literal (string-append "&" "nbsp;"))

Since the ampersand is not followed by any name characters, it is not
interpreted as an Entity Reference Open.
</quote>

There are more ideas in this post and in the archive.

- David