[dssslist] sgml-parse performance issue

Subject: [dssslist] sgml-parse performance issue
From: Lars Hetmank <lars.hetmank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 09:04:20 +0100
Hi,

every time the jade function sgml-parse is used the complete dtd is parsed. Does anyone know how to prevent this? When accessing a number of subdocuments this action requires a lot of performance. I know you could add only those elements in the elements declaration of the subdocument which are used but still a lot of documents share the same sub-dtd which has to be parsed multiple times. If you leave out the DOCTYPE of the subdocument Jade complains about missing the document type declaration and will parse without any validation. The sgml-parse function has some keywords which might help, i.e. active:, parent: and architecture: but I have no idea how they could be used and I didnbt find any meaningful example. I would appreciate any help.

-Lars