[dssslist] undeclared use of feature "keyword"

Subject: [dssslist] undeclared use of feature "keyword"
From: Tim McDaniel <tmcd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 23:26:53 -0500 (CDT)
I just install the latest Ubuntu on my system, and installed openjade
off its repositories.  As usual when I install a new jade or OpenJade,
my scripts break.

This time it's

    openjade:./loar-common.dsl:290:9:E: undeclared use of feature
    "keyword"

That line is

    (define (our-mode #!key general-look item-look empty-action
                      no-kids enclose-the-kingdom enclose-the-kids)

Why should I have to declare something that is in the base language (or so I thought), and how do I declare it? (To me, it's like I have to declare "car" or "#t" somehow.)

I also get a lot of messages like this when trying to generate RTF
output:

    openjade:./loar-rtf.dsl:99:8:E: flow object not accepted by port;
    only display flow o bjects accepted

where line 99 starts

           (make simple-page-sequence
"openjade --version" reports

    openjade:I: "OpenJade" version "1.4devel"
    openjade:I: "OpenSP" version "1.5.2"

I don't know why 1.4devel is in the Ubuntu repository versus 1.3: when I can, I intend to see whether I can remove openjade and install 1.3. My command line is

    openjade -E 999999 -c /etc/sgml/catalog -o07-01/07-01cmp.rtf -trtf
    -d./loar.dsl#processpages -V compressed-commentary
    /usr/share/xml/declaration/xml.dcl 07-01.xml

(That's all one line on my system.) I have not the slightest idea whether the paths for xml.dcl or .../catalog are correct. I did a "locate" on each basename and tried likely candidates for each (though there's a fair number of choices for catalog).

Any ideas?

--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd@xxxxxxxxx