Re: [jats-list] linking to lists - problem with journal publishing v2.3 DTD?

Subject: Re: [jats-list] linking to lists - problem with journal publishing v2.3 DTD?
From: Debbie Lapeyre <dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 12:10:36 -0500
HI Tom--

Version 3.0 is the first non-backwards-compatible JATS release.
How does this answer your question? Because, the named "id"
attributes that were of type CDATA were an error left over from
version 0.9 of the DTD. We found it years ago, but we could not fix the
error because all releases up to 2.3 had to be fully backwards compatible.

In Version 3.0 and 3.1, these "ids" on <list> and <list-item> are of type ID.

3.1 has also added some very nice internationalization features.

 If you are not yet using JATS, I would suggest springing directly
to version 3.0 (out now) or version 3.1 (about to be released as
a NISO Trial Use Standard  (NISO Version. 0.4).

--Debbie
Deborah Aleyne Lapeyre               mailto:dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9633
Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML, XSLT, & SGML