[jats-list] use of <issue-title> (publishing dtd)

Subject: [jats-list] use of <issue-title> (publishing dtd)
From: Mike Eden <meden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 15:53:27 +0100
Hi,

Can I ask users/developers if they consider all publications as being
issues? I ask because we have several publications that publish as Volume
only (each publication being a volume) and indeed we have several annuals
which also only declare a volume number on the cover. In these cases, I
feel it would be useful to have a <volume-title> element.

I am assuming that by the fact that there is no such element, other users
and the developers are taking the word "issue" here to mean publication as
opposed to the break down of a volume into defined publishable parts. If
this is the case then are the same people coding a value always for
<issue> even if it is not identified in the publication (i.e. volume only
)?

Regards
Mike Eden