Re: [jats-list] checking URIs

Subject: Re: [jats-list] checking URIs
From: John Meyer <John.Meyer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 08:38:51 -0400
Kevin,

I would also point out that many article-id elements contain suffixes to URLs
such as the article-id with a pub-id-type of DOI.

There are other elements that you might see being used like this e.g.
named-content with a content-type of genbank or pdb (protein data bank); or
the use of pub-id in citation that could link back to the publication.

We have seen all of these cases when receiving publishers content for
archiving.

John Meyer
Director of Data Technology
ITHAKA
609-986-2220
john.meyer@xxxxxxxxxx

ITHAKA (www.ithaka.org) is a not-for-profit organization that helps the
academic community use digital technologies to preserve the scholarly record
and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.  We provide
innovative services that benefit higher education, including Ithaka S+R,
JSTOR, and Portico.