[jats-list] future of Preview XSLT

Subject: [jats-list] future of Preview XSLT
From: Kevin Hawkins <kevin.s.hawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 18:18:29 -0400
Hello,

Are there any plans to continue development of "Preview XSLT" ( included at http://dtd.nlm.nih.gov/tools/tools.html )? I'm not sure who would be doing that, but I figure that person would be reading this list.

I ask because if you use the BMJ sample article provided at:

http://jats.nlm.nih.gov/publishing/tag-library/0.4/index.html

and render with Preview XSLT, the superscript letters next to each author's names don't come out as working hyperlinks. See what my colleague has produced:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~nasirg/bmj_html.xml

On a related note: since http://dtd.nlm.nih.gov/tools/tools.html says that these tools are in the public domain (produced, I suppose, by US federal government employees as part of their job duties), one of us might wait till JATS is approved as a NISO standard and then:

1. make any adjustments needed between NLM 3.0 and JATS 1.0

2. put these in GitHub or another collaborative space

3. ask the nice people behind http://jats.nlm.nih.gov/ if they would be willing to create a page of resources that links to this (and anything else we can think of)

Is someone already planning to do something along these lines?

Kevin