Re: [jats-list] JATS 1.1 request: kwd-group in more locations

Subject: Re: [jats-list] JATS 1.1 request: kwd-group in more locations
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 14:12:08 -0400
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Kelly, Laura (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E]
<kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> I'd like to request that the <kwd-group> element be added to additional
locations in the next revision of JATS.

> I'd like to see it added to <fig> and <table-wrap> especially, but I suspect
there are additional places that would benefit from it, as well. I
respectfully request that the Working Group consider reviewing the models for
additional places that would be appropriate for <kwd-group>.

> I think it should be added in all 3 models.

I wonder if 'fig' and 'table-wrap' (and any other elements?) shouldn't
actually have a 'sec-meta', or something like it.

In NLM 3.0 (Blue) the model for 'sec-meta' is

(contrib-group*, kwd-group*, permissions?)

It would seem better to me to simply add and maintain a generic
"metadata bundle" element than to push things partway in that
direction and then want to refactor later.

Also, I'm not sure this belongs in Authoring, which is supposed to be
lean and mean (isn't it)? Authoring doesn't currently have 'sec-meta'
inside 'sec'.

Cheers,
Wendell

XML | XSLT | electronic publishing