[jats-list] Element to hold translated short title

Subject: [jats-list] Element to hold translated short title
From: Caroline Webber <cwebber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 11:23:57 -0500
Hi Jats-list -

Our system provides for a "Short Title" database field (short article title)
and a "Secondary Short Title" field (primarily intended to hold the Short
Title in a different language).

Currently we write the value of the "Short Title" field to the <alt-title>
element in the NLM 3.0 XML. For the JATS 1.0 DTD, I was looking for a
<trans-alt-title> element to hold the value of our "Secondary Short Title"
field. However, I don't see a <trans-alt-title> element. I do see a
<trans-subtitle> element, but we don't write the primary field to <subtitle>,
so this is not an exact match.

Are there any plans to add a <trans-alt-title> to the DTD, or can I just add
another instance of <alt-title> with an xml:lang attribute?

Caroline S. Webber
Sr. Bus. Systems Analyst
Aries Systems Corporation
200 Sutton Street
North Andover, MA 01845 USA
Tel: 978-291-1941
fax: 978-975-3811
e-mail: cwebber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: www.editorialmanager.com
          www.ariessys.com

For the latest EM, PM, and industry news, subscribe
to our e-newsletter and view archived issues here!

This message is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the
individual(s) to whom it is addressed.
 If you have received this message in error, do not open any attachment but
please notify the sender (above) and delete this message from your system.