Re: [jats-list] The odd 1.02 year

Subject: Re: [jats-list] The odd 1.02 year
From: Kevin Hawkins <kevin.s.hawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 15:00:07 -0500
On 1/10/2013 2:10 PM, Debbie Lapeyre wrote:
Dear Alf--

The year "1.02" in Blue, Green, and Pumpkin looks like
a mistake to me. In the 3.0 version of the Tag Libraries
it read "0042", which was deliberate I think, but obscure.

I have changed it to match the BITS documentation to
be "2012".

I'm unclear on what you mean by the last sentence. I see that you've changed the draft BITS document online, but the JATS documentation is unchanged. Have you made a change in the master document so that when a new version of JATS is released, this will be updated as well? Or can you not do that unilaterally without going through NISO?

More generally, could we get an update on the process for revisions to JATS? We've been asked to submit corrections and feature request to this list, but I would very much like to know when to expect a new version of JATS and which of the various submitted changes to expect in it. Thanks,

Kevin