RE: [jats-list] Media reference

Subject: RE: [jats-list] Media reference
From: "Orris, Rebecca (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E]" <orrisrl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 16:20:54 +0000
Mike,

Doesn't the <media> element work for this (available in NLM DTD and JATS)?
http://dtd.nlm.nih.gov/archiving/tag-library/3.0/index.html?elem=media

<media> Media Object
An external file that holds a media object, such as an animation or a movie
The "content" of the <media> element is not the object itself, but merely
information concerning the object. The external file that contains the object
is named by the @xlink:href attribute.

Rebecca

p.s. Making us of the cool new functionality to add permalinks to all the
pages of the documentation, so it was easy for me to send a link to the exact
page!
http://webservices.itcs.umich.edu/mediawiki/jats/index.php/Tools#Documentatio
n_Improvement_Tools

Rebecca L. Orris, PhD
Staff Scientist, Bookshelf
National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of Medicine
National Institutes of Health
Bldg 45, Rm 5AN36D15, MSC 6511
45 Center Dr
Bethesda MD 20892-6511