[jats-list] [ANN] HoBoTS: a Relax NG based BITS customization

Subject: [jats-list] [ANN] HoBoTS: a Relax NG based BITS customization
From: "Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex" <gerrit.imsieke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 17:13:26 +0100
Dear List,

Weve developed a BITS customization for the Hogrefe group of publishers. Hogrefe agreed that we make this customization publicly available (the main ingredients are free and open anyway).

We converted BITS 0.2 to Relax NG and enriched it with RDFa and CSSa  CSS as XML attributes, see http://archive.xmlprague.cz/2013/presentations/Conveying_Layout_Information_with_CSSa/CSSa_xmlprague_gimsieke.html#/step-1

Theres some documentation in the schema, http://hobots.hogrefe.com/schema/hobots.rng (just view it in a browser).

Theres a small sample document that somehow gives a hint as to how CSSa comes into play: http://hobots.hogrefe.com/schema/hobots_sample.xml
You may open it in oXygen and should immediately see a validation error against CSSa and against an embedded Schematron rule of hobots.rng.

The schema files and the sample files are included in a zip file, http://hobots.hogrefe.com/schema/hobots.zip

We might eventually move the schema to a part of Hogrefes svn repo that is publicly readable, or move it to github.

Im looking forward to your feedback.

Gerrit

--
Gerrit Imsieke
Geschdftsf|hrer / Managing Director

Geschdftsf|hrer: Gerrit Imsieke, Svea Jelonek,
Thomas Schmidt, Dr. Reinhard Vvckler