Re: [jats-list] Coding non-consecutive pages

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Coding non-consecutive pages
From: Tommie Usdin <btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 15:31:02 -0400
Dear Soichi --

That is exactly the way I would code it, but I think there may be people who
would prefer to see the pages in numerical order and the picture page as the
first page:

<fpage>2</fpage>
<lpage>180</lpage>
<page-range>2, 177-18o</page-range>
<page-count count="5" />

I think the way you did it is better because it points the user to the text of
the article first.

-- Tommie

On Aug 28, 2013, at 8:24 PM, Soichi Tokizane <tokizane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Dear everyone,
>
> When we have an article (page from 177 to 180) with a large photo at the
> top of a printed issue, say in page 2, is it appropriate to code as
> follows?
>
> <fpage>177</fpage>
> <lpage>180</lpage>
> <page-range>177-180, 2</page-range>
> <page-count count="5" />
>
> Soichi

B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML and SGML