[jats-list] inline tables

Subject: [jats-list] inline tables
From: Kirsten Howard <kirstenh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 20:51:10 +0000
Hi all,

I'm trying to advise a client on how to differentiate in their XML between
tables that are large and should get special table treatment when viewing the
table online and tables that are small and should appear in line with the
text.  These are things where there are 3 rows and 2 columns of data, the sort
of thing where in Word you wouldn't bother with a table, you'd just use tabs
to line up the 2nd column neatly.

In looking through JATS/BITS, we've got inline graphics and inline formulas
(even inline supplementary material) but no inline tables.  There's the
position attribute on the table-wrap, but that doesn't seem to be quite what
I'm looking for.  Any recommendations on how to indicate such a thing?

It is Friday afternoon and the weather outside is absolutely amazing, but I'm
still in my office so if I've missed obvious information, I trust you'll
understand why!

Kirsten

KIRSTEN HOWARD / LEAD BUSINESS ANALYST
SILVERCHAIR INFORMATION SYSTEMS