[jats-list] JATS version 1.1d1 schemas and documentation released

Subject: [jats-list] JATS version 1.1d1 schemas and documentation released
From: "Beck, Jeff (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E]" <beck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 20:02:23 +0000
As you know, NISO Z39.96 JATS is in continuous maintenance at NISO. Public
comments are collected at the NISO site and are addressed by the JATS Standing
Committee. The Standard will not be updated more than once per year, but as
Public Comments are addressed, we will be releasing draft versions of the
non-normative supporting materials.

Today we are releasing the first draft version of JATS 1.1   version 1.1d1.
It has not been voted on as an official revision of the Standard, but it is a
stable release. Details of the Committee's responses to the comments are
available here:  NISO JATS Standing Committee Recommendations in Response to
Comments to on NISO Z39.96-2012 through August
2013<http://www.niso.org/apps/group_public/download.php/11879/JATS-SC-Recomme
ndations-1.1d1.pdf> on the NISO site.

The documentation and schemas are all available on http://jats.nlm.nih.gov

The new Tag Libraries are here:

Archiving (green): http://jats.nlm.nih.gov/archiving/tag-library/1.1d1/
Publishing (blue): http://jats.nlm.nih.gov/publishing/tag-library/1.1d1/
Authoring (orange):
http://jats.nlm.nih.gov/articleauthoring/tag-library/1.1d1/

One of the changes in this version is that MathML3 is available. We have
supplied a complete set of schemas with MathML2 and a complete set with
MathML3. The names of the files on the FTP site should be self-explanatory.
But the XSDs and RNGs are now in subdirectories there to keep things less
confusing. You can get the files:

Archiving (green): ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pub/jats/archiving/1.1d1/
Publishing (blue): ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pub/jats/publishing/1.1d1/
Authoring (orange):
ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pub/jats/articleauthoring/1.1d1/

Please send questions to this list. You can submit suggestions on the NISO
site here:
http://www.niso.org/apps/group_public/add_comment.php?document_id=10591

I want to thank the Standing Committee and Mulberry Technologies for all of
their work getting this release together.

Jeff Beck
beck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
301-435-5992