Re: [jats-list] when to use 'media' vs 'supplementary-material'

Subject: Re: [jats-list] when to use 'media' vs 'supplementary-material'
From: Debbie Lapeyre <dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 11:23:05 -0500
On Jan 17, 2014, at 10:00 AM, TOM MOWLAM <tom.mowlam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> BTW, in my opinion, it would be helpful if:
> 1- [...]
> 2 - a tagging example was included on the 'media' page

Yes, a <media> sample would be MOST helpful.

We would LOVE to include a <media> example, and it sounds to me as if
two of the writers to this list have them. Tom and Mike (and anyone else)
if you can get permission for us to use your sample for the Tag Libraries,
we would really appreciate it.

We do not need the PDF or other display; we only need the tagged XML.
We also do not need the real video, sound clip, whatever the media
object is or the full tagged article. We need the tagged text around the
media object and the <media> element, tagged with its real attributes.

If you could provide one or more to this list, they will go into
the next run of the Tag Library.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

--Debbie Lapeyre (for the NISO JATS Standing Committee)

P.S. I am a little unclear if you have looked at the JATS Version 1.1d1
Tag Library, which has greatly expanded the description for
supplementary material.

--dal

Deborah A Lapeyre              mailto:dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.      http://www.mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street         Phone: 301-315-9631 (USA)
Suite 207                        Fax:   301-315-8385
Rockville, MD 20850
Mulberry Technologies: Consultancy for XML, XSLT, and Schematron