RE: [jats-list] <named-content> within <institution>?

Subject: RE: [jats-list] <named-content> within <institution>?
From: "Charles O'Connor" <charles.oconnor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:49:46 -0500
Thanks Debbie, I will!

-----Original Message-----
From: Debbie Lapeyre [mailto:dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:16 PM
To: jats-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> There is a suggestion on the same page for making this distinction:
>
>     As yet another alternative, the distinction can be made with
> <named-content> elements:
>
>       <institution content-type="edu">
>         University of Frostbite Falls
>         <named-content content-type="dept">
>           Dept of Campus Security</named-content>
>         <named-content content-type="dept">
>           Dept of Moose and Squirrel Security</named-content>
>         <named-content content-type="office">
>           Office of the Acting Dean</named-content>
>       </institution>
>
> The problem is that, as far as I can tell, the content model for
> <institution> allows only <sup> and <sub> elements.

In Green (Archiving), the model for <institution> is more expansive and
this example shows legal coding.

In Blue (Publishing) and Pumpkin (Authoring), the model for institution
allows only <sup> and <sub> as you have said, so this example is
incorrect.

There are two ways to resolve this issue:

 - The example with <named-content> can be removed from the
   Blue and Pumpkin Tag Libraries.

 - The elements <named-content> and <styled-content> could
   be added to the model of <institution> in Blue and Pumpkin.

My suggestion is that you make the suggestion for your preferred
solution to the NISO JATS comment form.

--Debbie

Deborah A Lapeyre              mailto:dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.      http://www.mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street         Phone: 301-315-9631 (USA)
Suite 207                        Fax:   301-315-8385
Rockville, MD 20850
Mulberry Technologies: Consultancy for XML, XSLT, and Schematron