Re: [jats-list] XSLT Stylesheets for NCBI Book Tag Set and BITS?

Subject: Re: [jats-list] XSLT Stylesheets for NCBI Book Tag Set and BITS?
From: "Wendell Piez wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 20:40:04 -0000
Hi Tong,

While it is true that neither NCBI Book nor BITS are in scope for the
JATS Preview XSLT, this doesn't mean they are not useful. The JATS
XSLT provides probably about 80% of what you need. I say go for it.
:-)

I have this problem on my radar, as also I want to extend and update
the oXygen framework I have made for JATS (to support BITS, with nicer
UIs etc.). There is much to be done. I have a github repository at
https://github.com/wendellpiez/JATSPreviewStylesheets but so far it
has nothing book-related, only new and better Oasis table support,
which now amazingly works even on tables with more than six or seven
cells in a row. (Also the Schematron support for Oasis tables is very
cool.)

(If anyone wishes to make pull requests from this, let me know. BITS
is in scope. :-)

However, I have lots to do, and no BITS project directly lined up
(which would make this easier). It would certainly be good for users
of BITS, and not so difficult, I think.

Cheers, Wendell

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Wang, Tong <twan@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Is there any freely available XSLT stylesheets for NCBI Book Tag Set that
converts books in Book Tag Set to HTML? And for BITS too? I understand we
maintain preview stylesheets for different versions Journal Tag Sets and JATS
. I am wondering if there is any similar thing for book?

> Thanks!
>
> Tong Wang
> Library of Congress

XML | XSLT | electronic publishing