Re: [jats-list] convert PDF to JATS or BITS XML

Subject: Re: [jats-list] convert PDF to JATS or BITS XML
From: "Alexander Garcia Castro alexgarciac@xxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 13:39:34 -0000
for academic papers, due to the heterogeneity in formats and ways to
produce the final pdf, the one tool that will give u a clean usable
output is crocodoc. I run jailbreaking the pdf, a workshop aiming to
get usable text from PDF. Here, by usable I mean clean, no mistakes,
with bold, italics, footnotes, bibliographic references, tables,
figures, etc ready to be used for whatever purpose. results were not
encouraging. crocodoc gives u HTML5, clean and reusable.

--
Alexander Garcia
http://www.alexandergarcia.name/