Re: [jats-list] Todays G+ discussions

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Todays G+ discussions
From: "Dave Pawson dave.pawson@xxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 08:16:29 -0000
On 22 October 2014 22:01, Maloney, Christopher (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]
maloneyc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Regarding schema.org, Ibm not sure what you have in mind.  Therebs a
lot

> of overlap between the types of metadata defined by schema.org and JATS.
>
> Are you thinking that we should look for a way to generically embed
>
> schema.org into JATS documents?  Or just that we reuse the same property
>
> names and so forth whenever possible?

I'm assuming you will select a restricted set of terms to facilitate
machine searching? I'm suggesting the schema.org terms are well researched
and agreed. If you want to add to your set then there is a rich base from
which
to select.

Shared names wherever possible would seem to be advantageous?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.