Re: [jats-list] Todays G+ discussions

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Todays G+ discussions
From: "Tommie Usdin btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 16:54:19 -0000
I see two lists, and because they have substantially different scopes I see no
problem.

JATS-List is for general discussion of all things JATS related. This can
include how to use JATS in specific situations, when JATS is or isnt
appropriate, tools to use with JATS, possible changes to JATS, and a lot of
other topics.

The JATS4R work is focussed on how to use/profile/limit/enhance JATS to
enhance interchange. So, while some people are on both lists, many are on one
or the other. And those on both (will, I hope) select which list to bring
their topics to based on what topic they are discussing.

Im not sure what third list you are thinking of.

 Tommie

On Oct 23, 2014, at 11:18 AM, Dave Pawson dave.pawson@xxxxxxxxx
<jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Understood Tommie, but three lists? A bit much IMHO?
>
> regards
>
> On 23 October 2014 16:13, Tommie Usdin <btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> AH. I think more of a miscommunication than a SNAFU. As far as I know there
was no discussion list associated directly with the meetup.

>> This is a discussion list for things related to JATS. It is not for
real-time discussion and it is not as active as many discussion lists, but the
postings here tend to be thoughtful and sometimes thought-provoking.