[jats-list] Related objects inside sec-meta

Subject: [jats-list] Related objects inside sec-meta
From: "Wendell Piez wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 15:55:41 -0000
Hi,

Using BITS, I have a defined relationship between fragments of XML at
the sec level (could also be an app) and a set of external objects.
(In this case they are items in a kind of DITA-map-like thing, which
allocates contents of the XML fragments into larger combinations that
do not necessarily correspond to the arrangement of the sources.)

I'm thinking about inserting a related-object into the XML (sec or app
as the case may be), which seems like it could sorta be for this, and
sec-meta, which is valid in either of sec or app. But related-object
is not valid directly inside sec-meta.

Is my solution to sneak the related-object in somehow, to extend the
DTD to permit what I want, or to use a different element to express
this relation? BITS 1.0 sec-meta has only

((contrib-group)*, (abstract)*, (kwd-group)*, permissions?)

which doesn't offer up anything obvious for "identifier of some other
publication, which includes/calls this section".

Ideas?

Thanks! Wendell

XML | XSLT | electronic publishing
Eat Your Vegetables