Re: [jats-list] Draft versions of the JATS specification document?

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Draft versions of the JATS specification document?
From: "Debbie Lapeyre dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 16:16:04 -0000
The non-normative documentation and DTDs, XSDs, and RNGs rev
with each committee draft (e.g., 1.1d3). The NISO Standard
takes 1) Standing Committee passage, then 2) a vote by NISO,
then 3) Resolution of comments, and then 4) ANSI approval.
The Standard 1.1 is beginning the voting process now.

--Debbie

On Aug 24, 2015, at 11:38 AM, Maloney, Christopher (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]
maloneyc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I feel silly asking this question, but I rarely have a need to refer to the
official specification document, as opposed to the tag library or DTDs
(non-normative supporting documents). But I just wanted to do that, and found
that I couldnt find any draft 1.1d3 version of the specification. The
official NISO page,
http://www.niso.org/apps/group_public/document.php?document_id=10591, just
links to version 1.0.

> Is the specification itself re-released with each draft, or just the
non-normative docs?

> --
> Chris Maloney
> NIH/NLM/NCBI (Contractor)
> Building 45, 4AN36D-12
> 301-594-2842

Deborah A Lapeyre              mailto:dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.      http://www.mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street         Phone: 301-315-9631 (USA)
Suite 207                        Fax:   301-315-8385
Rockville, MD 20850
Mulberry Technologies: Consultancy for XML, XSLT, and Schematron