Re: [jats-list] XSD and @noNamespaceSchemaLocation

Subject: Re: [jats-list] XSD and @noNamespaceSchemaLocation
From: "Maloney, Christopher (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] maloneyc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 21:21:22 -0000
Okay, thanks!  I added this comment:
http://www.niso.org/apps/group_public/view_comment.php?comment_id=601

Ibd just also respond to the point about the bland of the liarsb.

There are other reasons for a document to identify itbs schema, other than
to allow for validation. The identification lets consumers know what can
and canbt be done with the file. In that respect, the URI of the DTD (the
system identifier) or of the XSD should be considered, not as the address
of a schema document, but rather as a canonical identifier, indicating
(just like a "magic numberb does) what the file format is.

--
Chris Maloney
NIH/NLM/NCBI (Contractor)