[jats-list] JATS 1.1 is available

Subject: [jats-list] JATS 1.1 is available
From: "Jeff Beck beck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 18:58:40 -0000
It has been a long time coming, but JATS version 1.1 is official now as
ANSI/NISO Z39.96-2015. Details on the standard and the standard document
itself are available from the NISO web site at
http://www.niso.org/workrooms/journalmarkup

Today we are releasing the JATS 1.1 non-normative supporting materials
including the schemas and Tag Library documentation. There have been no
changes between the third draft of 1.1 (1.1d3) and this official release.
Please note that because the Z39.96-2015 is a new document at NISO, the
address for comments on JATS has changed.

**********
Use http://www.niso.org/apps/group_public/add_comment.php?document_id=15932
for all suggestions for updates to or corrections of the Standard.
**********

The documentation and schemas are available on http://jats.nlm.nih.gov

The new Tag Libraries are here:
Archiving (green): http://jats.nlm.nih.gov/archiving/tag-library/1.1/
Publishing (blue): http://jats.nlm.nih.gov/publishing/tag-library/1.1/
Authoring (orange): http://jats.nlm.nih.gov/articleauthoring/tag-library/1.1/

Files are available for download here:
Archiving (green): ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pub/jats/archiving/1.1/
Publishing (blue): ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pub/jats/publishing/1.1/
Authoring (orange): ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pub/jats/articleauthoring/1.1/

Please send questions to this list. You can submit suggestions on the NISO
site here:
http://www.niso.org/apps/group_public/add_comment.php?document_id=15932

As you know, NISO Z39.96 JATS is in continuous maintenance at NISO. Public
comments are collected at the NISO site and are addressed by the JATS Standing
Committee. The Standard will not be updated more than once per year, but as
Public Comments are addressed, we will be releasing draft versions of the
non-normative supporting materials.

I want to thank the Standing Committee and Mulberry Technologies for all of
their work getting the standard document and the supporting materials ready
for release.

Happy JATSing
Jeff Beck
beck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx