[jats-list] html fragments and JATS

Subject: [jats-list] html fragments and JATS
From: "Peter Krautzberger peter.krautzberger@xxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 09:00:39 -0000
Dear list members,

I feel I have to apologize in advance. This is my first posting and it was
difficult to search the archives for such a generic-sounding question. I'm
sorry if I missed any earlier discussions on the topic.

I'm wondering if there is any way to include (x)HTML-fragments in a JATS
document.

More precisely, I'm looking to include such fragments as (an alternative
within) inline/display-formulas.

The HTML fragments are just a number of nested <span> elements with typical
HTML attributes (class, style, role. aria-label etc).

I'm relatively certain that this is not possible (in a valid way) but I
wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Best regards,
Peter Krautzberger.