[jats-list] Adopting the JATS<ali:license_ref> for open access

Subject: [jats-list] Adopting the JATS<ali:license_ref> for open access
From: "Michael Cunningham michael.cunningham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 16:50:07 -0000
Hello

As part of implementing a new journal production workflow, we will upgrading
to JATS from version 2.3 of the NLM Journal Publishing DTD.

I have been wondering whether there is a benefit to adopting the JATS
<ali:license_ref> for open access articles  in place of our current open
access tagging (which as I understand is still support by JATS), i.e.

<license license-type="open-access"
xlink:href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/";>
<licence-p>This is an open access article published by Portland Press Limited
and distributed under the <ext-link ext-link-type="uri"
xlink:href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/";>Creative Commons
Attribution Licence (CC BY) 4.0</ext-link>.</licence-p>
</license>

Any advice our thoughts gratefully received

Michael

Michael Cunningham
Publishing Operations Manager
Portland Press | Biochemical Society
Charles Darwin House, 12 Roger Street, London WC1N 2JU, UK
email:
michael.cunningham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:michael.cunningham@portlandpress.
com>  Tel: +44 20 7685 2410

Portland Press Ltd registered in England and Wales No. 2453983.

Registered Office: Charles Darwin House, 12 Roger Street, Third Floor, London,
WC1N 2JU.

VAT registration number GB 523 2392 69.

The contents of this email are for the recipient only.

If you are not this person (or not responsible for delivery to this person),
then notify the sender and delete the email immediately.

Any opinions contained in this message are those of the author and are not
given or endorsed by Portland Press Ltd or the division through which this
message is sent unless otherwise clearly indicated in this message.

Charles Darwin House, 12 Roger Street, Third Floor, London, WC1N 2JU